Bryon Patrick Jackson, MD
Pathology & Laboratory Medicine
- Medical Director Blood and Transfusion Services, Grady Memorial Healthcare
- Assistant Professor, Emory University School of Medicine Department of Pathology
Email Address: email@example.com
BS Morehouse College, - 2002
MD University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, - 2006
MHA University of Minnesota, - 2011
- Massive Transfusion
- Patient Blood Management
- Clinical Pathology
- Transfusion Medicine
Selected/Most Recent Publications:
Published and Accepted Research Articles -
- Yazer MH, Jackson BP, Sperry JL, Alarcon LH, Triulzi DJ, Murdock AD. Initial safety and feasibility of cold stored whole blood transfusion in civilian trauma patients. Journal of Trauma and Acute Care Surgery 2016 Jun;81(1):21-6.
- Jackson BP, Triulzi DJ, Yazer MH. Reducing red blood cell shelf life would frequently compromise inventory. Transfusion 2016 Jan;56:271-272.
- MH Yazer*, B Jackson*, N Beckman, S Chesneau, P Bowler, M Delaney, D Devine, S Field, M Germain, MF Murphy, M Sayers, B Shaz, E Shinar, M Takanashi, R Vassallo, C Wickenden, V Yahalom, K Land on behalf of the Biomedical Excellence for Safer Transfusions (BEST) collaborative. Changes in blood center red blood cell distributions in the era of patient blood management: The trends for collection (TFC) study. Transfusion 2016 Aug;56(8):1965-73.
- Jackson BP, McCloskey LF, Stickle DF. Investigation of a Slope Discontinuity in a Patient's Result Distribution for D-dimer. Clinical Chemistry and Laboratory Medicine. 2012 Sep; 11.
- McCloskey LF, Jackson BP, Bordash F, Ubben KJ, Landmark JD, Stickle DF. Predicted effects of proposed tightened acceptance criterion for Pb proficiency testing (PT) on PT sample pass rates for Pb point-of-care testing. Clinica Chimica Acta 2012 Dec; 414:52-57.
- Cucchiara B, Jackson B, Weiner M, Messe S. Usefulness of Checking Platelet Count Before Thrombolysis in Acute Ischemic Stroke. Stroke 2007 March; 38:1639-1640.
- RH Hamilton, K Hamilton, B Jackson, N Dahodwala. Teaching: Residents in the hospital, mentors in the community. Neurology 2007 May; 68(19) E25-28.
- Kasner SE, Lynn MJ, Jackson BP, Pullicino PM, Chimowitz MI. Echocardiography in Patients with Symptomatic Intracranial Stenosis. Journal of Stroke and Cerebrovascular Disease 2007 July; 16(5): 216-219.
- Jackson BP, Elenitsas R, Seykora JT. Activation of P44/42 Map Kinases within Human Epidermal Neoplasia. Journal of Cutaneous Pathology 2005 January; 32(1):95.