Benefits and GME Resources
Policies and Procedures
- Emory GME offers competitive salaries for residents. For up to date information, refer to...
- Residents are provided with professional liability, health, life and disability insurance. Health insurance for dependents is available at low cost.
Health - Wellness - Safety
Pathology Departmental Benefits -
- A $1,000 annual book fund is provided
- All Housestaff have up to 12 days of paid sick leave during each one year contract period.
- All Housestaff enjoy fifteen working days per contract year. The maximum number of days taken at one time during the AP and CP core rotations is one week or 5 days (including holidays).
Professional and Educational Leave
- Housestaff are encouraged to attend one approved meeting each year in the program. Housestaff are allowed five days of Educational Leave and a maximum reimbursement of $500.00 for this meeting. Residents who present their work at the approved meeting may receive a maximum reimbursement for travel expense of $2,500.00. Professional leave may also be used for USMLE Step 3.