Offering full Pathology Services to the Research Community...
"New Service!" Whole Slide Scanning
Using State of the Art Hamamatsu's Nanozoomer
New from Hamamatsu, the Research Pathology Core Lab introduces digital pathology services with the Nanozoomer 2.0HT. Conversion of glass slides into digital glass slides is now available through high resolution scanned images from the Nanozoomer. The high-tech scanning capabilities provided through the system includes project scanning of up to 210 slides completed in under 8/hrs, increased scan speed for 20X and 40X magnifications, and multi-level scanning “z-stacks” used for thick samples.
Uses of the Nanozoomer 2.0HT also greatly increase the advantages of research pathology and education. Using the internet or local area network, you can observe and evaluate copied and shared slides from remote locations. This feature adds to the value of research and education as multiple reviewers are able to observe and discuss a single sample or case study. View below which options best suits your lab requests:
- View whole scanned slides over the internet--from anywhere--from our web server (account provided for free). For example...
- Unknown conference slides can be viewed by residents from home.
- Slides can be shown at the conference using the same technology.
- Past conference slides can be archived for later viewing.
- Slide annotation and review.
- Interesting cases can be archived for future conferences or research.
- Slides can be scanned and morphometric analysis can be performed
- Scanned slides can be used to prepare "photomicrographs" and publication quality photographs can be captured (jpeg, tif, etc.).
- Meta-data (data on data) analysis
- Easy analysis and annotation of tissue microarrays (TMAs)
- Allow external investigators to annotate and comment on previously saved annotations
- Image analysis and cell quantitation - Aperio Imagescope
- Positive pixel count algorithm (free, not provided by lab)
- Nuclear IHC algorithm counts number of cell (not provided by lab)
- As "back-up" versions of slides are createad from scans. "Physical glass slides can then be returned to the slide file room.
- With this strategy, slides are less susceptible to being lost or broken
Nanozoomer 2.0HT is also great for building databases and with distant facilities and research institutions. Laboratory information systems and slide libraries can be constructed from large collections of digital slides. Image analysis tools are available for investigations that use digitized images.
Viewing Software - Whole Slide Scanner
For questions, contact us -
For ordering information, click here.